Apologies. I’m at risk of repeating myself. But there comes a point when even writers run out of words. As challenging as 2012 has been for all of us, it has also been an exciting one, for me. And I hope, for you, as well.
After years of writing various blogs on WordPress (I think it’s four), and trying different ‘subjects’, ideas and voices, I’m finally ‘home’. What I’m doing here, on 365, really works for me. I love getting up every morning and writing this blog. In fact, I can’t wait to get up every morning and get started. It makes me happy. It satisfies me. And the best part is, you seem to like it, too.
You tell me every time you visit. Every time you return. Every time you ‘like’. Every time you comment.
Seeing my ‘views’ increase all the time, watching my number of ‘followers’ grow and grow and grow is an absolute thrill. Realizing, whenever I look at the map, just how far-reaching my blog is, absolutely amazes me. The response I got after being Freshly Pressed was ‘off the charts’. An indescribable feeling.
As if all this isn’t beyond fabulous, a number of you have thought enough of what I’m writing, to give me several awards.
Yet again, yesterday morning:
Imagine my surprise when I turned on my computer to find a ‘comment’ from a follower, nominating me for my second 2012 Blog of the Year Award. Honestly, I just sat there, at my desk, staring at the screen. I didn’t know what to say then, and still don’t. Other than “Thank you. Knowing my work, my words have resonated with you means the world to me.” When you visit her blog, Valdecor, you’ll learn the author is a wife and a devoted mother of four. Through photos and commentary she shares her life with us. Give it a visit. You’ll be very glad you did. Thanks again, Lyann.
It seems like only yesterday I was writing one of these posts about another award. In truth it was just five days ago. Now you know why I’m slightly overwhelmed.
Because of the recognition I’ve been getting, I’ve just recently introduced you to twenty-four of my favourite blogs. So I won’t list a lot more of them today. There is, however, one blogger you MUST meet. I want to concentrate on her this time, because if anyone deserves to ‘own’ the spotlight, it’s her. That’s how powerful her blog is. A young mom to a set of twins in kindergarten, she’d just turned 34 when she was diagnosed with Her2 positive Stage 3C breast cancer.
Her blog, Cancer In My Thirties, is her story. It is a frank account of every experience she’s had. Every experience she’s currently having. Every feeling. Every emotion. She leaves nothing out. Nothing. Do yourselves a favour. Follow her blog. And share it with everyone you know. Her honesty, openness, courage, strength and determination will simply take your breath away. You’ll get angry at the injustice of it all. You’ll cry, I’m warning you now. You’ll pray, with all your might, that she brings her cancer to its knees. And mostly, you’ll just sit there, in awe.
Now for the rules:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “Blog of the Year 2012″ Award.
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page “Blog Of The Year 2012“ Award and include these rules in your own blog post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges).
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them.
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page “Blog of the Year 2012″ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience.
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars …
What a way to end the year! Thanks again.