Who can honestly say you’re not even a little bit curious about what makes some of your favourite actors tick? Come on, not even a little bit? Well I am. That’s one of the reasons why I’ve always enjoyed the one-hour talk show, Inside The Actors’ Studio.
Hosted by James Lipton (writer, composer, actor and dean emeritus of the Actors’ Studio Drama School at Pace University in New York), it’s actually a seminar for students that’s also filmed for broadcast. The format is very simple. Lipton and his guest having a leisurely conversation in front of a live audience. What I love most about it is, Lipton doesn’t ask the usual questions. And the actors or directors he’s talking with, really open up.
So when I read today’s WordPress Daily Prompt, I simply had to play along and turn the spotlight on myself: “On the interview show Inside the Actors’ Studio, host James Lipton asks each of his guests the same last question. What are your responses?”
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE WORD? Collaborate
- WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE WORD? No
- WHAT TURNS YOU ON CREATIVELY, SPIRITUALLY OR EMOTIONALLY? A challenge
- WHAT TURNS YOU OFF? Negativity
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CURSE WORD? Merde (because most people don’t have a clue what I’m saying)
- WHAT SOUND OR NOISE DO YOU LOVE? Laughter
- WHAT SOUND OR NOISE DO YOU HATE? Sirens
- WHAT PROFESSION OTHER THAN YOUR OWN WOULD YOU LIKE TO ATTEMPT? Prosecuting Attorney
- WHAT PROFESSION WOULD YOU NOT LIKE TO DO? Accountant
- IF HEAVEN EXISTS, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO HEAR GOD SAY WHEN YOU ARRIVE AT THE PEARLY GATES? What are you doing here? I’m not ready for you yet. Back you go!
That was fun. Your turn …